Those seeking an office makeover that’s actually affordable should look no further than IKEA, the Swedish home furnishings giant that’s a favorite of DIY and budget-conscious design enthusiasts alike. And the proof? Well, take a look at this stunning redo of an outdated blue and white space that was inspired by the company’s iconic RIBBA frame. The best part? The frames themselves were purchased on Amazon—not from IKEA directly—and cost just $45. Here’s how to get the look you want without breaking the bank.
This office space was pretty bland before. It had white walls, basic furniture, and not much else. But with a little bit of imagination and some elbow grease, this space was completely transformed! The new colors are so welcoming and calming, it’s hard to believe it’s the same room. And the biggest difference? The price tag—which is only $1,700 to achieve such luxe results! The most expensive part of the transformation was actually painting and reupholstering the couches, which set back our clients about $600. If you want to take on a project like this at home but don’t know where to start, read on for some tips from our team that made it happen!
- Start by choosing your color palette. What kind of mood do you want your space to have? In this case, we wanted something bright and airy with pops of red (in the pillows). Then we matched the paint color to an item in the living room (the sofa), picking one in an analogous color family that complemented without being too matchy-matchy.
- Look at rooms near your workspace or other areas of your house when deciding what pieces should stay or go.
4 Steps to Get the Look
If you’re looking to give your office space a makeover, look no further than this luxe-looking redo that’s actually IKEA. With just a few simple steps, you can achieve the same look in your own space.
- First, paint the walls a light blue or white.
- Next, add shelving units with containers to store files or office supplies.
- Add accent pieces like plants and candles to bring some personality into the room.
- Finally, add some lighting fixtures for ambiance. Now you have an office space worth getting dressed up for! The best part? It all cost less than $500. What are you waiting for? Start shopping today at IKEA by clicking on the link below!
This home office makeover proves that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to achieve a high-end look. By simply painting the walls red and adding some luxe accessories, this space went from drab to fab in no time! Plus, all of the pieces used in this makeover are from IKEA, so it’s affordable as well. Check out how we made this before and after transformation happens below. To get started, we removed everything from the room to give us a clean slate.
Once we had bare walls, we painted them red. To make sure the color was perfect, we sealed off one side of the room with plastic sheeting and then taped off every wall with painter’s tape first. Next up was picking furniture that would be both functional and visually appealing for our new space. We opted for an angled desk and matching storage unit because they fit perfectly into the small area we were working with. Finally, to add even more flair to the space, we added a few accents like gold mirrors and brass lamps. The end result is just what this office needed – luxury without spending a fortune!