In order to make your home the cleanest it’s ever been, you need to change your cleaning habits – and that’s where these eight steps come in handy. Keep these steps in mind when planning your cleaning routine, and you’ll be amazed at how much your home will shine! Plus, following these steps can help you save some serious cash on professional cleaning services. Without further ado, here are eight ways to make your home the cleanest it’s ever been.
Declutter your schedule
- Review your schedule and commit to decluttering it. This may mean saying no to some activities and events.
- Once you have a decluttered schedule, make time each day for cleaning. Even just 30 minutes can make a big difference.
- Create a cleaning routine and stick to it as much as possible. This will help keep your home clean on a regular basis.
- Don’t forget to declutter your home regularly as well.
Create clutter free zones
- Get rid of anything you don’t use, need, or love.
- Put away all off-season clothes and seasonal decor.
- Organize your cabinets, closets, and drawers.
- Donate or sell items you no longer need or want.
- declutter your home on a regular basis to prevent build-up.
Get a daily cleaning routine
One way to keep your home clean is to establish a daily cleaning routine. This can help you stay on top of things and prevent messes from piling up.
Invest in an excellent vacuum cleaner
When it comes to cleaning your home, one of the most important tools you can have is a good vacuum cleaner. A quality vacuum can make all the difference in removing dirt, dust, and other debris from your floors and furniture. Plus, it can help extend the life of your carpets and upholstery. If you’re looking for a new vacuum, be sure to invest in one that has excellent suction power and is easy to use.
Reduce hard floors to speed up cleaning
If you have hard floors, you know that they can be a pain to clean. But did you know that there are ways to reduce the amount of time it takes to clean them? Here are tips for how to make your home the cleanest it’s ever been:
1) Start with an even coat of vinegar mixed with water over your floors. The vinegar and water will work together to break down any dirt and gunk on your flooring!
2) Once dry, give your floor a good sweep before giving it another light spritz from above with either more vinegar or water mixed with lemon juice. The lemon juice is great for getting rid of tough smells like garlic or onion!
Use paper towels for any spills or messes
Paper towels are one of the most versatile tools in your cleaning arsenal. They can be used for everything from absorbing spills to wiping down surfaces. Plus, they’re disposable, so you don’t have to worry about washing them after each use. Keep a roll next to your sink or near other common messes. Use paper towel as a last resort: If you feel like something is too dirty for paper towel and it will require soap and water, first try using a cloth rag or sponge with water and soap before tackling it with paper towel.
Add vinegar to your cleaning supplies
Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and can be used on most surfaces. To clean with vinegar, simply mix one part vinegar with one part water in a spray bottle and use it as you would any other cleaning solution. Vinegar is especially effective at removing hard water stains, soap scum, and mildew. You can also add apple cider vinegar to your dishwasher for an all-natural rinse agent that won’t harm your dishes.
Have no eating zone around your home
If you want to keep your home clean, you need to create a no eating zone. This means that you should not eat in your bedroom, living room, or anywhere else in your house. You should also avoid leaving food out on countertops or tables. Put food away as soon as you’re done with it and wipe down surfaces after eating.