How do you decorate your home in ways that are both stylish and functional? The answer isn’t as simple as it might seem! We’ve all fallen into the trap of choosing colors that are beautiful, but don’t always fit in with the rest of our home’s color scheme. Luckily, this doesn’t have to be the case at all! For inspiration on how to decorate your home with shades of white, brown, and black, we can turn to American actress Claire Holt.
Choose Classic Colors
You can never go wrong with classic colors in your home. They are timeless and elegant, and they always make a space feel put together. Plus, they are easy to mix and match, so you can always change up your look if you get bored. If you’re worried about using neutrals for fear of boring yourself out of your mind, try using different textures instead! Textures such as marble, natural wood or faux fur add an interesting element to the room without taking away from the fact that it is neutral.
Claire Holt’s California Home is the perfect example of how to make neutrals work in your home. By adding contrast through different textures and tones, she’s created a space that feels both warm and inviting. Here are a few tips we can learn from her
- Using light grey paint on walls creates a feeling of warmth.
- Use different textured materials to add visual interest – like linen curtains or natural rugs – which creates a sense of comfort and coziness.
- Layer patterns for extra dimension by combining faux fur throws with striped pillows for an eclectic feel.
- Finally, decorate with light pieces that you love and enjoy using every day – so they become an extension of yourself!
Complement Neutral Accents With Bright Accents
Claire Holt’s home is the perfect example of how to make neutrals work in your space. By complementing her neutral walls and furniture with bright accents, she’s created a warm and inviting atmosphere. Here are a few tips to get the look
- Start by making sure you’re using soft, light colors that blend well together.
- Keep one area as an accent color – think bold wallpaper or colorful pillows – and then use it sparingly throughout the rest of the room.
- Combine modern elements like metal lamps with traditional items like sconces for an eclectic vibe that still feels cohesive.
- Don’t be afraid to mix different textures!
Add Color Through Accessories
We all know that one of the easiest ways to add color to our homes is through accessories. And while that can definitely be a fun and easy way to brighten up a space, sometimes we want to take a more subtle approach. Claire Holt’s California home is the perfect example of how to do neutrals right. By sticking to a mostly neutral palette and then adding in pops of color through art, pillows, and other accessories, she’s created a space that feels both warm and inviting.
Make It Cohesive
Claire Holt’s home is the perfect example of how to make neutrals work in your home. By using a variety of textures and tones, she creates a warm and inviting space that feels both stylish and comfortable. Plus, by incorporating personal touches throughout, she makes it clear that this is a space that reflects her own unique style. Here are some tips we can all use to make neutrals work in our own homes
- Choose one color palette to use throughout the entire room. Choose either an analogous or monochromatic color scheme, which typically consists of three or four colors (you’ll want to choose colors that have similar undertones).
- Focus on using accent pieces to break up different areas in your room (think paintings, vases, pillows). Add some pops of color with plants for a nice touch as well!