There are many things that can affect the quality of the air you breathe at home, including the humidity levels and even where you situate your furniture within the room. However, there are also some specific household toxins that can have a serious effect on your health. Fortunately, there are several ways to purify the air in your home naturally to remove these harmful toxins from your body. Here are 5 ways to purify your home’s air naturally.
1) Plant Plants Everywhere
- Start by adding some plants to your home. Plants are natural air purifiers and can help to remove toxins from the air.
- Keep your windows open as much as possible. This will allow fresh air to circulate and help to purify the air in your home.
- Vacuum regularly with a HEPA filter vacuum cleaner. This will help to remove dust and other allergens from your home.
- Use an air purifier.
2) Use All-Natural, Non-Toxic Cleaners
Toxic chemicals aren’t just bad for the environment – they’re bad for your health, too. The good news is that there are plenty of all-natural, non-toxic cleaners that work just as well (if not better) than their chemical-laden counterparts. Essential oils are a great option because they have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Essential oils like tea tree oil can also help you avoid allergies and other respiratory problems by strengthening your immune system and opening up your airways.
3) Add Negative Ion Generators
Negative ion generators, also called air purifiers, work by emitting negative ions into the air. These ions attach themselves to airborne particles, such as dust, pollen, and smoke, and cause them to fall to the ground instead of floating around in the air. This can help purify the air in your home and improve your respiratory health. They are often small and portable so you can put them anywhere in your house that needs it most. The best part is that they don’t need filters or chemicals for their operation.
– Replace Your Furnace Filter: It’s important to replace your furnace filter at least once a month so that it works properly and will clean the air coming out of it.
4) Open Windows and Let Fresh Air In
One of the best ways to purify your home’s air is also one of the simplest: open your windows and doors to let fresh air in. Not only does this get rid of stuffy, stagnant air, but it also allows sunlight and fresh air to enter your home, both of which have natural purifying properties. Just be sure to open your windows and doors when the outside air is free of pollutants like car exhaust or chemical fumes.
5) Replace Dryer Sheets With Natural Fabric Softeners
Dryer sheets are one of the most common sources of toxic chemicals in the home. If you’re looking for a natural way to soften your clothes, try using a mixture of vinegar and water. Just add a cup of vinegar to your washing machine’s rinse cycle. You can also add a few drops of essential oils to give your clothes a fresh scent.