Some of the most charming interiors we’ve ever seen have been completely monochromatic — and this home in Bussum, The Netherlands, designed by Dutch designer Merel Karhof, proves the point beautifully. With few exceptions, every single surface in this simply gorgeous abode has been painted entirely white — the walls, ceilings, floors, and even the outdoor furniture. The effect is an elegant simplicity that feels both modern and timeless at once. Take a look!
1) Work in an office you enjoy
- Set up a designated workspace in your home, even if it’s just a corner of the kitchen table.
- Invest in a comfortable chair and make sure your workspace is well-lit.
- Take breaks throughout the day to move your body and get some fresh air.
- Stay hydrated and fuel your body with healthy snacks to keep your energy levels up.
2) Create an Office Space, you Love
When it comes to designing an office space that you love, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, consider the layout and flow of the space. You want it to be functional and efficient, but also comfortable and inviting. Second, choose a color scheme that makes you happy and inspires creativity. Third, add personal touches with photos, artwork, and plants. Fourth, make sure your furniture is comfortable and stylish.
3) Use Gadgets to Help You Work
Gadgets can help you work in a number of ways. They can keep you organized, help you stay on task, and even provide motivation. If you’re looking for a way to be more productive, consider using some of the following gadgets
4) Have an Agenda
When it comes to interior design, there are endless possibilities. But sometimes, less is more. This is certainly the case for Dutch interior designer Stefan de Smit, whose monochrome home is the epitome of elegance.
5) Set a Schedule
When you work from home, it can be tempting to just lounge around in your PJs all day. But if you want to be productive, it’s important to set a schedule and stick to it. That means getting dressed for work, setting regular office hours, and taking breaks when you need them.
6) Monitor Time Spent Online
If you find yourself spending too much time online, there are a few things you can do to cut back. One is to set a timer for yourself and stick to it. Once the timer goes off, log off and do something else. Another is to create a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Dedicate certain times of day or week to being online, and make sure you stick to that schedule. Finally, make sure you’re spending your time online wisely.
7) Establish Boundaries
Whether you’re starting a business or designing your home, it’s important to establish boundaries. For a business, this might mean setting up a physical space separate from your home. For your home, it might mean designating a space for work and a space for relaxation. Whatever the case may be, setting boundaries will help you create a more efficient and effective work-life balance.
8) Stay Healthy
- Eat healthy foods. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet.
- Get regular exercise. Physical activity can help you maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases, and improve your overall mental health.
- Get enough sleep. Most adults need between 7 and 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Avoid tobacco products and excessive alcohol consumption. Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States. In addition to the serious risks to your health, smoking also increases the likelihood that you will develop an addiction to other substances like drugs or alcohol. 5. Limit caffeine intake to avoid over-stimulation and be mindful of any prescription medications that may cause insomnia when taken at bedtime. 6. Keep screens out of bedrooms so they don’t interfere with getting quality sleep.