A home office can become dull and drab if you don’t have a little bit of money to spruce it up. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to give your home office a new look on any budget. By working with your existing decor and furniture, you can give your space a fresh look without breaking the bank or moving out of your house. Here are eight tips to help you transform your home office into the pleasant, productive place you always wanted it to be!
If your home office is in dire need of a makeover but you don’t have the budget for a complete overhaul, don’t despair. There are plenty of ways to give your space a fresh look without breaking the bank. Here are eight ideas to get you started – Take everything off the walls and put it into storage.
- Wash all surfaces with mild soap and water or with natural cleaners like vinegar and baking soda.
- Make sure to dust everything (including behind furniture) and vacuum thoroughly before putting anything back up.
A fresh coat of paint is one of the easiest and most impactful ways to give any room a new look. If you’re looking to add some color to your home office, consider these tips -Choose colors with enough contrast so that they’re visible from across the room
- Select colors that complement each other, such as blue and green or yellow and orange
- Paint only one wall in an accent color to avoid overwhelming your space
3) Add accessories
If your home office is in dire need of a makeover but you don’t have the budget for a complete overhaul, don’t despair. There are plenty of ways to give your space a new look without breaking the bank. Here are eight easy and affordable ways to do it – Add a plant or two: The right plants can improve air quality while adding some life to an otherwise drab room.
4) Hang art
Hanging art is an easy and affordable way to instantly transform your home office. But with so many choices out there, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are eight tips to help you find the perfect piece of art for your space 1) Consider what you want the room to say about you. Do you want it to have a traditional or modern feel?
2) Choose pieces that will tie in with your existing decorating scheme if possible.
5) Add plants
Whether you want to add a pop of color or simply spruce up your space, adding plants is a great way to do it. Not only do they look nice, but they can also help purify the air. Best of all, you can find plants to fit any budget. For example, if you’re shopping at IKEA, their All-in-One plant combo offers three plants for $3.99. You can also use artificial plants for a similar effect.
6) Think about lighting fixtures and office furniture
Your home office should be a space that’s comfortable and inviting, somewhere you can really focus on work. But if it’s feeling a little drab, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to give it a new look without breaking the bank. You might want to try rearranging your furniture or picking up some affordable artwork at your local discount store.
7) Change up the floors
If you have wood floors, adding an area rug can help define the space and make it feel more cozy. If you have tile or linoleum, try adding some floor decals to give the illusion of a rug or pattern. You can also get creative with wall stencils and paint to create your own unique floor design.
Adding shelving is another great way to change up the look of your home office.
8) Decorate your desk area
- If your desk is looking a little bland, try adding a pop of color with some fun new accessories. A desk lamp, vase, or picture frame can all help brighten up the space.
- Consider adding some greenery to your desk area. Plants can help purify the air and add a touch of nature to your space.
- If you have the budget for it, consider investing in a new piece of furniture for your home office.