Modern furniture has been around since the 1920s, when European designers broke away from the classical styles that had come before. Instead of copying historical furniture design, they experimented with new shapes and materials. But where did this style really begin? It turns out that modern design began in the farmhouses of North America! Here’s an inside look at some of the classic furniture pieces of this era, and how you can use them in your home today!
10 things you should know about farmhouse style
The latest farmhouse style is all about mixing and matching different design elements to create a unique, rustic look. Here are 10 things you should know about farmhouse style:
- Farmhouse style is all about mixing and matching different design elements to create a unique, rustic look.
- The key to creating the perfect farmhouse style home is to mix old and new pieces together.
- Antique furniture and fixtures are a great way to add character to your farmhouse style home.
- Farmhouse style is all about simplicity – so keep your décor and furnishings clean and uncluttered.
Examples of 4 ways farmhouse style can look in your home
You might not expect it, but the latest farmhouse modern-inspired home collection is from IKEA. That’s right, the popular furniture store is now selling a line of products that are perfect for creating a cozy, farmhouse-style home. Their newest offerings include everything from trendy metal lanterns to chic stainless steel bowls and tumblers.
As one would imagine, these pieces can be mixed and matched with any other brand of furniture to create a unique look in your own space.
Some of our favorite finds? The Ribba frame for displaying your favorite photos or artwork and the ENGLISH COUNTRY rug to round out the style in your living room!
Some design tips for when you want to incorporate the farmhouse look
Are you wanting to add a touch of farmhouse to your home? You don’t have to live in the country to enjoy the comfort and beauty of this popular style. Here are some design tips to get you started:
- Start with a neutral palette. This will be the foundation of your design and will help make your space feel warm and inviting.
- Incorporate natural materials. Wood, stone, metal, textiles and more can all work together beautifully to give your space that down-to-earth look.
- Utilize clean lines and straight cuts. Straight lines allow for airiness while soft curves create cozy spaces.
- Play with texture by incorporating different surfaces such as wood, stone or brick textures on floors or walls, linens on tables or wool rugs under furniture pieces.
- Add splashes of color through accessories like throw pillows, plants and candles.
- And finally, fill any empty wall space with vintage art prints or collections in frames to really tie everything together!
Why this collection is unique
The latest farmhouse modern-inspired home collection is from an unexpected source – the popular home improvement store, Lowe’s. The collection features items that are both functional and stylish, perfect for those who want to add a touch of rustic charm to their home. With a variety of items to choose from, including furniture, décor, and more, this collection has something for everyone. Plus, the prices are unbeatable, making it easy to update your home on a budget. Here are some of our favorite picks:
(1) Mango Wood Lantern with Iron Spikes, $89.99
(2) Antiqued White Wooden Cabinet with Drawers and Doors, $189.99
(3) Slate Grey Wallpaper Roll, $8.97
(4) Mint Green Quilt Set with Shams, $149.99