If you want to work from home, the first thing you need to do is create the right space and set up your office so that it supports your overall goals and productivity. If you’re new to working from home, or if you simply want to make sure you’re doing everything right, use these 10 tips to create the right environment for working from home. By creating an environment where you can be productive and comfortable, you’ll be able to get more done at home and enjoy the experience as well!
1) Get rid of distractions
If you want to be productive while working from home, you need to get rid of distractions. That means turning off the TV, putting your phone on silent, and letting your family and friends know that you’re not available for chit-chat. Create a workspace that’s conducive to concentration, and make sure you have everything you need within reach so you don’t have to waste time getting up and down. Finally, set a schedule and stick to it as much as possible.
2) Choose your home office carefully
When you’re working from home, your office space is your sanctuary. It should be a place where you can focus and be productive. But it doesn’t have to be a traditional office space. Here are 10 tips to help you create a home office that works for you -If you love working on a laptop, but need an occasional break to stretch your legs or get up for a cup of coffee or tea, find an out-of-the-way spot in the house or apartment that has the internet connection you need and no distractions.
-Create a designated work area: If there’s not enough room in the house or apartment, then choose an out-of-the way spot with enough light and comfortable seating. Be creative!
3) Keep connected but don’t get distracted
When you work from home, it’s important to stay connected with your team and clients. But it’s also important not to get too distracted by your surroundings. Here are 4 tips to help you stay focused and productive when working from home
- Use a timer so that you know how much time you’ve spent away from the task at hand.
- Try working out of your house in a different room for a change of scenery.
- Turn off notifications on your phone and computer so that interruptions are minimized.
- Find a workspace where there is little distraction or movement- this could be in another room or outside on the porch.
4) Do your laundry every day
No one likes doing laundry, but it’s a necessary evil. If you’re working from home, you can’t have a pile of dirty clothes sitting in the corner of your office. Do a load every day so that it doesn’t pile up and become overwhelming. Plus, doing laundry regularly will help your clothes last longer.
5) Use a room where you don’t go when relaxed
- If you can, set up your workstation in a room that you don’t typically spend time in when you’re trying to relax. This way, your brain will be less likely to associate the space with leisure time.
- Make sure the room is well-lit and comfortable, so that you’ll be able to stay focused and productive.
- Put away any distractions, like TVs or video games, that might tempt you to take a break from work.
6) Choose a space you won’t feel like leaving after an hour or two.
Working from home can be great, but it can also be a challenge. Here are 10 tips to make sure you make the most of your at-home office space:
- Choose a space that you won’t feel like leaving after an hour or two.
- Make sure the space is well-lit and comfortable.
- Add some personal touches to the space, so it feels like your own.
- Keep the space organized and free of clutter.