Wire baskets can be used in almost any room of your home, and they’re incredibly versatile! You can store anything from blankets to cleaning supplies in them, and they help keep your home organized and clutter-free. The best part about them is that they’re really easy to make using basic tools—and it only takes about 15 minutes! So if you’re looking for a new DIY project to keep you busy over the weekend, try building yourself one of these wire baskets.
Why wire baskets are a must-have item
If you’re looking for a versatile, stylish, and affordable way to organize your home, then wire baskets are a must-have item. They come in all shapes and sizes, so you can find the perfect one to fit your needs. Plus, they’re great for both indoor and outdoor use. Here are five reasons why wire baskets should be on your radar
1) They’re flexible: Wire baskets can store just about anything from clothes to books, toys, or even products from the grocery store. They work well as storage units because they can easily be moved around and stored in any room of your house depending on what’s needed.
How they can be used
Wire baskets are a versatile storage option that can be used in a variety of ways. They are perfect for organizing your space, whether it be in the kitchen, bathroom, or even your home office. Plus, they can be used to create unique and stylish home decor items. Here are just a few ideas of how you can use wire baskets in your next DIY project.
1) To display some fruit on your countertop: Fill wire baskets with lemons, limes, oranges, apples, and pears for a natural centerpiece.
Where you can find them
Thrift stores are a great place to start your search for wire baskets. Check local yard sales and second-hand stores as well. Chances are, you’ll be able to find them at a fraction of the cost of buying new ones. When looking for wire baskets, keep an eye out for ones that are the right size and shape for your project. You’ll also want to make sure they’re made of sturdy wire that won’t bend or break easily. Avoid using metal or plastic baskets with metal handles.
Metal handles can corrode and get rusty over time, making it difficult to move heavy items like potatoes or winter squash. If you’re only planning on using the basket temporarily while it’s still in good condition, then metal handles might work just fine for you. But if you plan on leaving them outside all year round – even in freezing temperatures – then it’s best to go with something more durable such as PVC plastic handles instead.
What you should consider before buying any
When it comes to wire baskets, there are a few things you should keep in mind before making a purchase. First, consider the size of the basket and make sure it will fit in the space you have available. Second, think about what you’ll be using the basket for and make sure it’s big enough to hold everything you need. Third, take into account the material of the basket and make sure it’s durable enough for your needs. Lastly, choose whether or not you want handles on the side or top so that you can carry them around easily. Once you’ve figured out these questions, all that’s left is to buy!
Our top 4 recommendations
If you’re looking for a versatile storage solution that can be used for a variety of purposes, wire baskets are a great option. They’re perfect for organizing everything from cleaning supplies to kitchen utensils, and they can even be used as planters or light fixtures. Here are our top four recommendations
- These Wire Baskets from Target offer an economical solution and have the added bonus of being available in a range of colors.
- These Heavy Duty Mesh Baskets are durable and provide a number of different uses including food preparation, toy organization, laundry sorting, etc.
- These Metal Wire Baskets by Umbra are made with quality materials so they’ll last for years to come.
- These Industrial Style Wire Baskets from CB2 are one of my personal favorites. I love their simplistic yet stylish design and their ability to stack together nicely on shelves is really handy when space is limited.